Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dubbed for a cookware product video

Tiring but satisfying day at work. It was a good learning experience to do dubbing. This was for a home appliance cooking product from Pigeon, called Pigeon Rapido Touch induction cook-top.

First, there was this translated script that I was uncomfortable with. Once I shared my thoughts, the producer also agreed that it would make sense to make corrections on to the script, on the fly. I even called up my in-laws during a break to get the perfect Tamil translation for English words like 'Preset', 'Hotpot' and 'Turbo'. The entire process took time, but at the end of the day it was satisfying that we did the right thing.

Second, the bigger challenge was to keep the sentences and words to fit the already created demo video. Once we were done with each para, it was made sure that it was production ready with the required edits.

In the mean while, I have been connecting with a few other VOs in the industry and building my network. It's  nice to share your experience and learn from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment